Addresses and information on Nevada small claims courts and filings.

A person can file a claim in small claims court if he/she has a dispute involving a certain amount of money with another person, company or government agency.

The amount that could be recovered is limited, and it varies from state to state (usually from $1,500 to 10,000 Dollars.)

Most common claims in small claims courts involve:

  • Auto Accidents - Someone dents your vehicle and refuses to pay for the repairs.
  • Small Loans - Someone refuses to pay you back the money he/she borrowed.
  • Defected New Products - Your new chair breaks but the store will not fix it or return your money.
  • Poor Services Rendered - A dry cleaning company ruins your favorite dress and will not pay for or replace it.
  • Landlord/Tenant Issues - The property owner or landlord refuses to return your security deposit, even after certifying the place was left in in good condition.

Things to bring to court:

Original copies of all papers you need to help prove the case (contracts, letters, rental agreements, canceled checks, deeds, repair bills, IOUs, diagrams, written damage estimates, photographs or even drawings.)

2 photocopies of every original document. (one for the defendant, one for the court)

The piece of clothing or the appliance damaged by the defendant, if that's the case.

Any witness that could help the case. Some judges allow notarized statements by witness that cannot appear in court.

Small Claims Courts Requirements:

  • You must be at least 18 years of age. (If not, a guardian appointed by the court will sue for the minor.)
  • Be of sound mind or mentally competent. (If not, a guardian appointed by the court will sue for the incapacitated.)
  • United States citizen and non-citizens can use the small claims court.
  • There are no juries in small claims courts.
  • No objections are allowed.
  • Either the plaintiff (the person who is suing) or the defendant (the person being sued) are allowed to speak with an attorney before coming to court, but lawyers are not allowed in the court with you. You must be a Pro Se litigant (represent yourself.)

Hearing dates are usually set on some evenings or on Saturday (once a month.)

Hearing is scheduled within 40 days in most cases (up to 70 days if one litigant does not live in the same county).


Churchill County Offices District Court Fallon, NV 89406 Phone:(775) 426`0028

City of Henderson Municipal Court 243 S Water St Henderson, NV 89015 Phone:(702) 267`3350

Washoe County District Court Miscellaneous Reno, NV 89501 Phone:(775) 328`3468

City of Mesquite Court 500 Hillside Dr Mesquite, NV 89024 Phone:(702) 346`5298

Clark County District Court Las Vegas, NV 89102 Phone:(702) 671`4528

Elko County 4th Judicial District Court Elko, NV 89801 Phone:(775) 777`7755

Municipal Court 243 S Water St Henderson, NV 89015-7226 Phone:(702) 267`3352

United States Government Ninth Circuit Court Of Appeals Las Vegas, NV 89044 Phone:(702) 464`5585

City of Las Vegas Municipal Court 2000 Las Vegas Blvd S Las Vegas, NV 89104-2507 Phone:(702) 384`3253

Return to top of this page

Return from Nevada Small Claims to Home page.

DISCLAIMER: The law will vary depending on your state, jurisdiction and the specifics of your case. The information provided by is intended for educational purposes only. The content on this site should NOT be considered professional legal advice or a substitute for professional legal advice. For such services, we recommend getting a free initial consultation by a licensed Attorney in your state.

Nevada Small Claims
Copyright © 2020 - Nevada Small Claims - All Rights Reserved.

free page hit counter