Addresses and information on Pennsylvania small claims courts and case filings.

A person can file a claim in small claims court if he/she has a dispute involving a certain amount of money with another person, company or government agency.

The amount that could be recovered is limited, and it varies from state to state (ranging from $1,500 to 10,000 Dollars.)

Most common claims in small claims courts involve:

  • Auto Accidents - Someone dents your vehicle and refuses to pay for the repairs.
  • Small Loans - Someone refuses to pay you back the money he/she borrowed.
  • Defected New Products - Your new chair breaks but the store will not fix it or return your money.
  • Poor Services Rendered - A dry cleaning company ruins your favorite dress and will not pay for or replace it.
  • Landlord/Tenant Issues - The property owner or landlord refuses to return your security deposit, even after certifying the place was left in in good condition.

Things to bring to court:

Original copies of all papers you need to help prove the case (contracts, letters, rental agreements, canceled checks, deeds, repair bills, IOUs, diagrams, written damage estimates, photographs or even drawings.)

2 photocopies of every original document. (one for the defendant, one for the court)

The piece of clothing or the appliance damaged by the defendant, if that's the case.

Any witness that could help the case. Some judges allow notarized statements by witness that cannot appear in court.

Small Claims Courts Requirements:

  • You must be at least 18 years of age. (If not, a guardian appointed by the court will sue for the minor.)
  • Be of sound mind or mentally competent. (If not, a guardian appointed by the court will sue for the incapacitated.)
  • United States citizen and non-citizens can use the small claims court.
  • There are no juries in small claims courts.
  • No objections are allowed.
  • Either the plaintiff (the person who is suing) or the defendant (the person being sued) are allowed to speak with an attorney before coming to court, but lawyers are not allowed in the court with you. You must be a Pro Se litigant (represent yourself.)

Hearing dates are usually set on some evenings or on Saturday (once a month.)

Hearing is scheduled within 40 days in most cases (up to 70 days if one litigant does not live in the same county).


Municipal Court-Small Claims 34 S 11th St Philadelphia, PA 19107-4912 Phone:(215) 686`2910

Small Claims Court Philadelphia, PA 19107 (215) 686`2900

District Court 114 Main St Belle Vernon, PA 15012-1110 Phone:(724) 930`9208

District Court 112 Walnut Ln West Newton, PA 15089-1170 Phone:(724) 872`8910

District Court 5 S Main St Sugarloaf, PA 18249-3141 Phone:(570) 788`1191

District Court 200 N Centre St Pottsville, PA 17901-2545 Phone:(570) 622`9181

District Court 210 Robbins Station Rd North Huntingdon, PA 15642-2204 Phone:(724) 864`0018

District Court 41 Macek Dr Pittsburgh, PA 15227-3652 Phone:(412) 881`1996

District Court 409 Ashland Ave Secane, PA 19018-2705 Phone:(610) 622`8102

District Court 1224 W Liberty St Allentown, PA 18102-2608 Phone:(610) 432`8700

York County District Court Administrator 45 North George York, PA17315 Phone:(717) 771`9234

United States Government United States District Court Judges Western Pennsy 700 Grant St Pittsburgh, PA 15219-1906 Phone:(412) 208`7370

Westmoreland County District Court PO Box 543 Irwin, PA 15642-0543 Phone:(724) 744`3031

District Court 745 E Main St Ste B New Holland, PA 17557-1521 Phone:(717) 354`4206

District Court 19-3-05 20 Wayne Ave Hanover, PA 17331-3305 Phone:(717) 632`0618

District Court 227 W Market St York, PA 17401-1002 Phone:(717) 771`4795

District Court 1023 Chester Pike Sharon Hill, PA 19079-1501 Phone:(610) 534`5974

Return to top of this page

Return from Pennsylvania Small Claims to Home page.

DISCLAIMER: The law will vary depending on your state, jurisdiction and the specifics of your case. The information provided by is intended for educational purposes only. The content on this site should NOT be considered professional legal advice or a substitute for professional legal advice. For such services, we recommend getting a free initial consultation by a licensed Attorney in your state.

Pennsylvania Small Claims
Copyright © 2020 - Pennsylvania Small Claims - All Rights Reserved.

free page hit counter