Addresses and information on Wyoming small claims courts and filings.

A person can file a claim in small claims court if he/she has a dispute involving a certain amount of money with another person, company or government agency.

The amount that could be recovered is limited, and it varies from state to state (usually from $1,500 to 10,000 Dollars.)

Most common claims in small claims courts involve:

  • Auto Accidents - Someone dents your vehicle and refuses to pay for the repairs.
  • Small Loans - Someone refuses to pay you back the money he/she borrowed.
  • Defected New Products - Your new chair breaks but the store will not fix it or return your money.
  • Poor Services Rendered - A dry cleaning company ruins your favorite dress and will not pay for or replace it.
  • Landlord/Tenant Issues - The property owner or landlord refuses to return your security deposit, even after certifying the place was left in in good condition.

Things to bring to court:

Original copies of all papers you need to help prove the case (contracts, letters, rental agreements, canceled checks, deeds, repair bills, IOUs, diagrams, written damage estimates, photographs or even drawings.)

2 photocopies of every original document. (one for the defendant, one for the court)

The piece of clothing or the appliance damaged by the defendant, if that's the case.

Any witness that could help the case. Some judges allow notarized statements by witness that cannot appear in court.

Small Claims Courts Requirements:

  • You must be at least 18 years of age. (If not, a guardian appointed by the court will sue for the minor.)
  • Be of sound mind or mentally competent. (If not, a guardian appointed by the court will sue for the incapacitated.)
  • United States citizen and non-citizens can use the small claims court.
  • There are no juries in small claims courts.
  • No objections are allowed.
  • Either the plaintiff (the person who is suing) or the defendant (the person being sued) are allowed to speak with an attorney before coming to court, but lawyers are not allowed in the court with you. You must be a Pro Se litigant (represent yourself.)

Hearing dates are usually set on some evenings or on Saturday (once a month.)

Hearing is scheduled within 40 days in most cases (up to 70 days if one litigant does not live in the same county).


Niobrara County Circuit Court Lusk, WY 82225 Phone: (307) 334`2049

Albany County Court 525 E Grand Ave Laramie, WY 82070-3836 Phone: (307) 742`5747

Albany County-District Court 525 E Grand Ave Laramie, WY 82070-3836 Phone: (307) 745`3337

Big Horn County District Court 420 W C St Basin, WY 82410 Phone: (307) 568`2381

Campbell County District Court 500 S Gillette Avenue Gillette, WY 82716-4239 Phone: (307) 686`8517

District Court 7 W Main St Newcastle, WY 82701 Phone: (307) 746`4681

Laramie County Circuit Court 309 W 20th Street Cheyenne, WY 82001 Phone: (307) 633`4326

Natrona County District Court 200 N Center Street Casper, WY 82601-1937 Phone: (307) 235`9640

Return to top of this page

Return from Wyoming Small Claims to Home page.

DISCLAIMER: The law will vary depending on your state, jurisdiction and the specifics of your case. The information provided by USAttorneyLegalServices.com is intended for educational purposes only. The content on this site should NOT be considered professional legal advice or a substitute for professional legal advice. For such services, we recommend getting a free initial consultation by a licensed Attorney in your state.

Wyoming Small Claims
Copyright © 2020 USAttorneyLegalServices.com - Wyoming Small Claims - All Rights Reserved.

free page hit counter